Get Your Life Back with an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney in Bergen County NJ
If you’re reading this, chances are your life, liberty, or both are hanging in the balance.
If so, here’s the one thing you absolutely need to know whether you hire us or not:
Get Help. Get It Now.
What will a Criminal Defense Attorney do For Me?
A criminal investigation or arrest is an intimidating and scary experience. Once you are caught in the wheels of the justice system, the game must be played out and there is little you can do about it.
If your attorney is any good (and we certainly are), they are going to attempt to do a few things for you right away.
- Meet with you immediately to discuss the particulars of your case and map a preliminary defense strategy.
- Be present as a legal advisor during any and all questioning by police or investigators.
- Petition the court for reduced or no-bail if necessary and get you released as soon as possible.
- Petition the court to drop the charges completely should certain circumstances exist.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your case to determine if a plea bargain is appropriate or if trial is warranted.
- Interview potential witnesses.
If a trial is warranted, then you need an attorney with courtroom experience. Many so called criminal defense attorney’s in NJ have shockingly little experience in an actual courtroom, preferring to plea bargain most of their cases.
Your attorney better know how to put together a solid defense and they better have long experience with the NJ justice system, the judges and the prosecutors. Your criminal defense attorney better know how to use forensic evidence, expert witnesses, and understand the buttons to push that will convince prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
And perhaps most importantly, your criminal defense attorney needs to believe in your right to a robust, vigorous defense in the NJ criminal justice system, regardless of what you’ve been charged with, or your past history of offenses.
Why Should I Hire Dennis Calo as my NJ Criminal Defense Attorney?
Simply because Mr. Calo and his team give you the best chance of keeping your freedom.
- Dennis Calo is a former Bergen County First Assistant Prosecutor, and former head of the Homicide Squad. He is well known and respected by judges and prosecutors and knows what makes the “other side” of the system tick. Dennis Calo puts that knowledge and experience to work for you as your criminal defense attorney.
- Dennis Calo is a criminal trial attorney not just a litigator. Plea bargain if you must, but if you have to go to trial, Dennis Calo is the guy you want next to you.
- Dennis pioneered the use of forensic techniques within the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office. Now he brings that knowledge and understanding to your defense as well as the knowledge of how to poke holes in expert testimony where appropriate.
- Dennis Calo has over 40 years’ experience as a criminal attorney working in the Bergen County NJ court system and knows all the players, both judges and attorneys.
If you are currently under investigation or have been charged with a crime, you probably have a lot of questions regarding your situation. Whether charged with a crime or a minor offense, subsequent penalties and ramifications can follow you for the rest of your life. Further, the reputation gained from conviction can remain on your criminal record and cause a tremendous amount of long-term hardship. Criminal defense attorney, Dennis Calo is equipped to handle all types of criminal charges, including those that may seem minor. He is focused on your rights and has the experience, resources and tenacity to help secure the best possible outcome and give you back your life.
What NJ Criminal Offenses will Dennis Calo Defend?
In short, all of them. There are very few types of criminal cases that Dennis Calo and his team have not worked on over the years. These include:
- Assault & Battery
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Marijuana violations
- Theft & Fraud
- Domestic Violence
- DWI or DUI offenses
And when you are found innocent of all charges, Dennis Calo will also handle matters of expungement of your criminal record.
Solid Criminal Defense Strategies
Dennis Calo will take the time to investigate every aspect of your case from evaluating the evidence that the prosecution will be using against you, to developing a solid legal defense strategy that offers you the best possible outcome. As a former Bergen County Prosecutor, Dennis understands how to analyze cases from both sides of the law and knows what makes prosecutors tick. His hands-on approach and experience as a trial lawyer can make all of the difference in your case and make him more effective than most other defense attorneys.
Dennis Calo for Criminal Defense
Because Your Freedom Deserves a Fight
Your Bergen County NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer, Dennis Calo
If you’ve been charged with a criminal offense, your life and freedom are literally on the line. Schedule your free consultation with Mr. Calo now or give him a call at (201) 441-9056.